Wednesday, July 25, 2007

steamed fish. soo healthy

I made Asian steamed fish for Jeff last night, because I know he really likes Asian steamed fish, and he never gets any. poor thing.

but darn.....
Everytime I make food, I always forget to take a picture before I CHOW DOWN.
So sorry guys. No picture of the actual fish I made last time.
It's all in my tummy now.

But it was good! I can guarantee that.

Fragrant Steamed Fish


- 1 pound fish fillets (I don't know what kind of fish is best. I just got the cheapest fish at Ralphs)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1.5 stalks of green onions (sliced lengthwise, 2 inches in length).
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- some ginger (sliced)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil

Preparation:
1. Defrost and wash fish. Don't dry the fish.
2. In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, 1 sliced stalk of green onion, 1 sliced garlic clove, half of your sliced ginger.
3. Pour mixture all over the fish (mmm)
4. Place fish into steamer, turn on stove to high.

Cooking Directions:
5. When the water in steamer begins to boil, turn the flame down to a medium-low flame.
6. Let steamer cook for 8-10 minutes.
7. Check on the fish, if the fish flakes, it is done.
8. Don't forget you still have half a stalk of green onion (sliced) and 1 garlic clove (sliced) leftover!
9. Heat up the cooking oil on the stove
10. When cooking oil is hot, throw in the remaining green onion, ginger, and garlic clove (sizzle sizzle)
11. When the green onion looks soft, pour the oil mixture all over the fish.

enjoy!
have the dish over white steamed rice. and be sure to pour the gravy of the fish over your fish and rice.


MMMmmm.
Fish is yum yum!

No comments: