Was my last post seriously the olive oil post from over a month ago?
I was fortunate last week, to find time aside to make some salmon cakes.
I've been wanting to make some type of fish patty dish for quite some time!
What better fish is there to use other than salmon?
It's high in Omega-3 fatty acids, high in protein, and high in vitamin D. yum yum.
Note: You can form them into large patties and serve between hamburger buns.
Or you can be like me and form them into mini patties and enjoy it over rice (I enjoy everything over rice...)
- 4 salmon filets (about 3-4 ounces each or so)
- 1/3 a large onion
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup corn or tapioca starch (I also added a few tbsp of flour on top of this too)
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- sprinkle of any of your favorite herbs
- 1 tsp hot sauce
1. Cook the salmon in the microwave (about 3-4 minutes per side). You can also broil the fish in the oven if you desire so.
2. Flake the cooked salmon, until you have a big bowl of salmon flakes!
3. Mince your onion
4. Throw in all the ingredients and mix very well.
5. Make sure the mixture is sticky, so it can form into patties. Heat up oil in a skillet.
6. Form your patties, and place them on the skillet.
7. Cook the salmon until it's golden brown on each side.
8. Line a plate with paper towels to soak up the excess oil.