Curry is pretty good.
I love thai curries, (my fav!) japanese curries, indian curries, chinese curries... hmm. these are all Asian.
Is there such a thing called European curry?
If so, I would love to try some of that!
But for today's recipe, it is a Chinese chicken curry dish. But I think I added so many veggies, it's probably more a veggie dish rather than chicken dish!
Chinese Chicken Curry
- 8 legs of chicken meat (you can also use any other meat of your choice)
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- dash of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 of onion, chopped
1. De-bone the chicken, and discard the fat/skin. Reserve the bones in your freezer to make chicken broth.
2. Cut chicken meat into bones.
3. Cut up veggies.
4. In an oiled skillet, toss the chicken and the onions until the chicken is cooked on the outside
5. Add the potatoes and carrots and salt. Stir.
6. Add the curry powder and water. The water should cover the veggies + meat.
7. Boil then simmer for about 20 minutes.
8. All done! Phew that was easy. Enjoy with rice.