Saturday, November 1, 2008

Chicken Chow Fun/Rice Noodles

This is an Asian noodle dish, where the noodles are thin, flat, white, and made out of rice. These are usually referred to as rice noodles or "chow fun" (I think the name is derived from a Cantonese pronunciation?)

I prefer my chow fun with beef, but since I rarely cook beef in the household (I just consume beef when dining out), I used dark chicken meat instead.

Chicken Chow Fun


Ingredients:
- 1 pound of chicken meat. Cut into strips
- 3 eggs
- 1 package of rice noodles. These are usually freshly made and warm at your local Asian market.
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- 1/2 cup of onions, sliced. I actually forgot the onions when I made the dish, so please do not make the same mistake
- chopped green onions (optional)
- Veggies of your choice. I chose some leftover cooked broccoli I had lying around.

Instructions:
1. In an oiled skillet, add the chicken strips and onions + green onions until almost cooked.














2. Scramble some eggs in the same skillet.














3. Add the rice noodles.














4. Add the veggies, soy sauce and oyster sauce, and mix.














5. Cover and let the noodles cook for 8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.

No comments: