Sunday, February 24, 2008

Whole Steamed Fish

Ok.. so..
the dish tastes better than it looks, and the whole fish did not look as disgusting in real life, as it does in the pictures!
I usually have no problem cleaning, cooking, and eating a whole fish, but once I uploaded these
whole-fish photos off my camera... I think I might have a problem cooking whole fish from now on!!

Anyways, for those who don't know, this dish is very chinese. So go for this recipe if you want an asian meal.

Whole Steamed Fish

Ingredients:
- 1 fish of your choice (I used milkfish, since it was on sale =D) about 1-2 pounds
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced
- few slices of gigner
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt
- some soy sauce if you want (i did!)

Instructions:
1. Make sure your fish is fresh, gutted, scaled, with incisions across the meat. This allows meat to cook more thoroughly, and easier to take a chunk of meat off when eating.














2. Place fish on a plate. Place half the ginger and half the green onions on top and inside the fish.
3. Pour vinegar over fish.














4. Place fish in a steamer, and steam for about 25 minutes. Around 15-20 minutes if your fish is thin and lightweight.
5. When fish is done, take the fish out of the steamer, and discard any juices. This will reduce the fishy flavor.
6. Heat up the vegetable oil, then fry up the remaining green onion and ginger and few drops of soy sauce.
7. Pour this mixture over the fish. It should smell very fragrant.














8. Consume with steamed white rice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.