a warm, hearty, filling soup
Pinto Bean Bacon Soup
- 1 cup of pinto beans, dry
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of salt to taste
- 4 -6 strips of bacon
- some chicken or pork bones to make broth.
1. To decrease cooking time, soak pinto beans over night. Not a requirement, but who has the time to sit around at the stove all day?
2. Set bones and 4 cups of water to boil then simmer for about 30 minutes to make the broth.
3. Add the soaked pinto beans. Cook for about an hour.
4. Fry up bacon, and break into small pieces.
5. Drain bacon and add bacon to the soup.
6. Add salt to soup.
7. Cook for about 45 minutes or until beans are soft and cooked thoroughly.