Saturday, August 9, 2008

French Toast! YAY French Toast!

Breakfast food is soo yummy.
I just wish I could get up early in the morning to actually enjoy breakfast!

French toast is one of my favorite breakfast items!

Enjoy French toast topped with powdered sugar or maple syrup. I did neither, since I really need to go to the grocery store..

Rich French Toast:

Ingredients-
- 6 slices of thick bread (I actually used 12-grain whole-wheat bread, because I try to be healthy... kind of odd french toast in the end, but it's healthier! hehe)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- butter

Instructions:
1. Mix together the eggs, milk, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.














*NOTE*
I had trouble dissolving the clumps of flour, since I was stirring by hand with a tiny teaspoon.
Using a larger wooden spoon may help. Or use an electric mixter


2. Melt 1-2 tsp of butter on a hot skillet or griddle.

3. Dip your bread in your egg batter, for about 20 seconds per slice. Let the excess drip back into the batter bowl.














4. Lay down your bread onto the buttery skillet.














5. Flip the toast over, when it's golden















6. Cut the toast in half, diagonally and remove from the heat, when its golden on both sides.

7. Follow steps 2-6 until all your toast is used up!

8. Enjoy all that oily goodness. Don't forget the syrup and powdered sugar!

No comments: