Butternut squash so sweet and so delicious, I have no idea why I never make it more often!
Butternut squash is so commonly overlooked as a dish to make during the holidays.
But here is a little secret: it is quick and easy to make.
Make this dish as a side for a holiday meal, and you are sure to WOW the crowd.
Simple Butternut Squash Mash
- 1 butternut squash - roughly4 pounds
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
1. Cut the butternut squash in half, and remove the seeds. Save the seeds for toasting later :)
2. Cook the butternut squash.
You can do this by steaming this for 30 minutes, or covering the butternut squash halfway with water, and cooking in the microwave for 15 minutes.
3. When the squash is done cooking, let cool, and peel off the skin.
4. Mash the squash in a bowl, and mix in brown sugar. You can also use maple syrup in place of brown sugar.