But for some reason, I love them now!
And that just works out perfect, since they are healthy and filling.
I love mung bean soup as a cold sweet dish for dessert. I cannot have it any other way. It's so easy too!
This dish is prefect for summer time. According to the chinese (me!), mung beans has the "cooling" effect. So not only is it good for a hot day, but if your body is full of "heat" or "fire", eating this will be good for you, to combat the flames! hehehe.
Sweet Mung Bean Soup
- 7 ounces of dried mung beans
- 13 cups of water
- 13 tbsp of sugar (more or less depending on your preference).
1. Soak the beans in a big bowl overnight, or for at least 5 hours.
2. The next day, rinse the beans and place into a large pot.
3. Add 6 cups of water and bring the beans to a boil.
4. After boiling for about 5 minutes, the water should have a light green hue.
6. Pour this mung bean water into a juice bottle, and chill until cool. Enjoy this as a drink.
7. In the meantime.. Pour 7 cups of water back into the pot with the mung beans and bring to a boil.
9. When the mung beans split open, dissolve 7 tbsp of suger into the soup, and let the soup chill in the fridge.