Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cinnamon Chicken Drumsticks

Ok.. I know this might sound weird (possibly even gross), but chicken seasoned with cinnamon actually tastes really good!!
It gives the chicken a uniquely sweet flavor.
I really recommend trying it out before passing any judgments!
This dish was actually inspired by a Persian dish my sister once made .

I like chicken drumsticks the best, so I always make this dish with drumsticks. But I'm sure you can do this with other parts of the chicken too.
Its so fast and simple:  I sprinkle cinnamon and kosher salt under the chicken skin, and put the skin back in place.  Placed the drumsticks on a baking sheet, and baked at 415 degrees for about 35 minutes.  It came out salt, sweet, crunchy on the outside, and perfectly moist on the inside.

This  is my go-to dish when I am rushed whipping up a meal.  ( I got home from work at 8:00pm today, and I was eating dinner by 8:45pm, because I made this dish.  What a life saver!)

No comments: