Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Chicken & Egg Donburi

Last night, I was trying to follow a recipe that I ripped off a Nishiki rice bag, for chicken donburi.

However, while reading the recipe, I just did not agree with some of their ingredients or proportions.

Yea....
I have a hard time following directions, both in cooking and other aspects of life...
I just gotta do things my own way...

btw, no pictures today!
Sorry. I felt ill while I was cooking dinner. I just wanted to get in and out of the kitchen quickly.



Chicken & Egg Donburi (Oyako Donburi)


Ingredients

4 chicken thigh meat (around 1 lb of meat?)
2 cups water
3 eggs, beaten
2 stalks of green onion, chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce*
1 medium onion, thinly sliced

* you can also add more soy sauce and some brown sugar instead of using oyster sauce

Instructions

1. Defat chicken thigh meat.
2. Heat up a small drop of oil in a skillet, and throw chicken meat in. Stir.
3. Throw in onion, water, soy sauce, and oyster sauce.
4. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Skim off any foam off the top.
6. Mix beaten eggs and green onions.
7. Pour egg mixture evenly over the chicken mixture. Do not stir.
8. Let the food simmer for another 5 minutes.
9. Serve by scooping the chicken mixture over a bowl of rice. Don't forget to pour some of the gravy over the rice also.


Not my own photo, but this is how chicken donburi typically looks:

No comments: