Daikon... White Carrot.... Turnip,
I have heard all types of names and variations for this mystery root/vegetable.
But whatever it is, they make really good soup!
1 medium daikon (about 2 pounds?)
5 cups water
4 chicken leg bones (for broth)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1. Wash daikon root, and peel off the outer skin.
2. Cut up daikon
3. Make chicken broth: place chicken bones in water, and boil for about 5 minutes.
4. Scoop off any foam
5. Throw in chopped daikon.
6. Let daikon boil, then turn the flame down, to a slow simmer.
7. Put in salt and pepper. Add more to taste.
8. Let daikon simmer for about 20 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
9. Serve! Careful, it's still hot!