I have never had French food at a restaurant, and I have never made French food at home.
I hope my first French attempt will not be the last!
The following is a Ratatouille recipe, NOT written by me!
After I make the this recipe (next week?), I will write a follow-up entry, on my results, reactions, critique, and suggestions. =)
this looks nothing like the way it did in the movie...Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped, or 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 3 to 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preparation:In a 4-quart Dutch oven or saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add eggplant; stir until coated with oil. Add peppers; stir to combine.
Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep vegetables from sticking.
Add tomatoes, zucchini, and herbs; mix well. Cover and cook over low heat about 15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender but not too soft.
Recipe found here: http://southernfood.about.com/od/eggplantrecipes/r/bl00810c.htm