Sorry for the lack of posts this past week!
My apartment became infested with fruit flies (it was terrible...)
So even though fruit flies do not carry any diseases, I still felt too disgusted to cook.
To take care of the fruit fly invasion, I concocted a fruit fly
and mwhwhha. it worked!
- disposable bowl (i used a styrofoam bowl)
- 1/4 cup sugary drink (fruit juice, sodas, etc)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 3 drops of dish-washing liquid
- saran wrap + tape
1. Pour all the ingredients into the bowl and mix
2. The sugary ingredients is to lure the flies to your trap.
3. The cooking oil and dish-washing liquid is to make the water surface stickier, so the flies will not be able to fly away once they land
4. Wrap the bowl in saran wrap, and tape up the bottom, so the saran wrap does not fly away
5. Create a 1 inch hole in the center of saran wrapped bowl, and cut slits around the other areas of the saran wrap.
6. The holes are there for the flies to enter, but the saran wrap is to prevent them from crawling out. They usually die before successfully crawling all the way out of the bowl and saran wrap. (remember, they can't fly out, since they get all sticky from the concoction!)
7. Place bowl in a very popular fruit fly area and watch them commit suicide.
hungry anyone? there's soup, with lots of protein!
I was planning on posting up a picture of the aftermath.... but my sister advised me not to.
( booo!!! >=O )
So if anyone is interested in seeing it, leave me a comment and I shall put it up =P