My sister/roommate Grace surprised me when she came home one day with the cutest, purplest, babiest, eggplants!
They so adorable. (goochie goochie gooo....)
My sister told me to take the baby eggplants and to "work it".
I was not sure how to "work it", but I felt quite nervous, feeling the expectation to make delicious eggplants! oh no!
So I decided to stuff these little babies. And I was quite happy with the result!
(thanks to Jeff for helping me chop the veggies and being my little kitchen helper!)
These Stuffed Baby Eggplants makes wonderful appetizers or party favors!
Stuffed Baby Eggplants
- 8 Baby Eggplants
- 4 tbsp Green Bell Peppers (diced)
- 4 tbsp Onion (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (diced)
- 8 tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Wash all your vegetables, bowls, utensils, and pots!
2. Remove the stems off the eggplants and cut each eggplant in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp using a spoon, leaving 1/4 inch thick shells
3. Chop/dice (your preference) the eggplant pulp/meat and place into a bowl.
4. Add diced bell peppers, diced onion, and diced garlic into the bowl of eggplant pulp.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
6. Spray non-stick cooking spray, or evenly grease a baking pan. Place shells face up into the baking pan.
7. Place olive oil into a skillet and heat up the oil on the stove, on high.
8. When oil is hot, add the bowl of eggplant-pulp mixture and cook until ingredients are tender.
9. When mixture is done, remove from heat, and stir in 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, the eggs, then the bread crumbs, then the herbs and salt.
10. Spoon eggplant-pulp mixture evenly into the eggplant shells.
11. Place eggplant shells into the oven, at 350 degrees, for about 25 minutes, or until the shells are softened.
12. When the stuffed eggplants are ready, sprinkled mozerella cheese over the eggplants, and pop them into the oven for another 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Here is the finished result!: