I love Asparagus.
Too bad I do not cook them more often, since finding fresh, tender asparagus at a reasonable price, is very difficult.
On my way home from work yesterday, I stopped by the store to pick up some bread, and birthday candles, and horrah! there was asparagus sitting there!
Unfortunately, because I got off work a little late yesterday, the post-work shopping crowd came and left and took all the good asparagus. =(
Shifting through the remains, I found a decent bunch, and carried the poor reject home.
Hot Garlic-Buttered Asparagus
- 1 small bunch of asparagus (it was pre-bunched by the store, so I am unsure how much it weighed... 0.5 pounds - 1 pound?)
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
(salt and pepper amount can be increased or decreased based on personal preference)
1. Wash the asparagus then cut about 0.5-1 inch off the base of each asparagus. The base is too tough to eat.
2. Peel the outer skin off the bottom of your trimmed asparagus. This skin is fibrous, but is just way too hard for my teeth to handle.
3. Boil enough water to submerge the asparagus. Boil the asparagus for about 5 minutes, or until fully cooked.
4. When the asparagus is done boiling, remove the asparagus and set aside. Dump water out.
5. Place butter in heated skillet
6. When butter is melted, toss in minced garlic and saute until golden
7. Place asparagus into skillet, until asparagus is evenly coated with butter and garlic
8. Toss in salt and pepper, and turn the asparagus until the salt and pepper is evenly distributed.
9. When asparagus is at your desired tenderness and flavor, then the asparagus is done!
Here is my asparagus!
It was quite delicious, tender, and tasty.
CLOSE-UP PAPARAZZI PHOTO!