I love fried zucchini sticks, when ordering the appetizer sampler plate at restaurants.
Mmmm oh-so-good but oh-so-bad for you. =(
Luckily, however, when you bake oven sticks in the oven, it tastes just as good, and so much healthier than their deep fried counterpart!
With my recipe below, the zuchini sticks came out cripsy on the outside, and soft in the middle. My boyfriend chowed down the whole plate in one sitting! I take it that he liked it =).
Serve these finger foods as appetizers. Great when hosting a party!
Baked Zucchini Sticks
- 3 zucchinis (medium sized)
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 tsp freshly grated parmesan cheese (I didn't have any fresh cheese, so I used the canned kind... it still came out good!)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
1. Wash and peel your zucchini (i only peel off half of the skin)
2. Cut your zuccini into 2 inch sticks
3. In a bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, the cheese, the oregano, the garlic powder, the pepper, and the salt.
4. In large bowl, evenly mix the zucchini with the olive oil.
5. Toss the dry bread crumb mixture into the bowl of zucchini, and evenly mix.
6. Heat oven to 450F degrees.
7. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, and place zucchinis on baking sheet.
8. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn, then bake for another 10 minutes
9. So pretty!