Here is an idea for a quick and simple dessert: Ice Cream Baseballs!
Or you can also call them ice cream ping pongs... golf balls.... soft balls.... volleyballs.... depending on the size you decide to make 'em!
Volleyball sized for me please =D
This recipe is basically scooped ice cream rolled into crushed cookies of your choice, for example graham crackers, oreos, vanilla wafers, rice crispies.... the options are endless!
Ice Cream Baseballs
- 4 scoops/balls of ice cream (2 per person). Any flavor ice cream.
- 1 - 2 cups of crushed cookies (depending on the size of your ice cream balls). I used graham crackers
- chocolate syrup
1. Break and crush your cookies, and lay the crumbs onto a flat surface, such as a large plate or cookie sheet.
2. Scoop our your ice cream, using a spatula to help shape the ice cream into perfect round balls.
3. Set the ice cream baseballs on top of the crumbs, and coat the ice cream with all the crumbs.
4. Set the ice cream into the freezer for at least 15 minutes. This can also be done before dinner
time, so the ice cream will set in the freezer as you enjoy dinner, and will be ready by dessert time!
5. Set the ice cream into serving bowls and drizzle with chocolate syrup!