Vegetables are definitely something I need to have more of. It's just so hard because it's so hard to always have fresh vegetables on hand! Veggies go bad so fast...
But don't get me wrong, I do love vegetables though!
The colorful dark ones are the best. They are more flavorful and are more nutritious than the pale, sad, ones (like lettuce).
One of my favorites, of course, is the delicious green beans. Just a dash of s & p (salt and pepper) and I can eat a plateful!
Sauteed French Green Beans
- 12 ounces of extra fine french green beans (very tender!)
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of onion, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper for taste
- 3 cups of boiling water
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
1. Bring 3 cups of water to boiling
2. Chop your onion.
3. Mince your garlic
4. Blanch your green beans, by boiling your green beans in the water for about a minute.
5. Drain your green beans and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
6. In a skillet, heat up your olive oil, then add the garlic and onion.
7. When the onion is golden, toss in the green beans.
8. Add your s & p and toss some more.
9. You're done! Quick and delicious!!