String beans are good... but I always felt like they were so lonely!
When trying to figure out how to make string beans more exciting... PINE NUTS popped in my head.
These delicious toasty little nuts are the perfect sidekick to string beans.
Pine Nut Green Beans
- 1 pound of string beans
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Blanch your string beans, by throwing them in a pot of boiling water for 3 minutes, or until almost tender. Drain.
2. In a dry skillet, toast your pine nuts over medium heat. Be careful, because these can quickly burn!
3. In a separate pan, add olive oil, and minced garlic.
4. Add pine nuts and string beans.
5. Toss with salt and pepper.